Monday, May 19, 2008

Thanks A Million

Thanks to everyone who came out for our "Million Dollar Spending Spree". We found out it's very hard to spend a million dollars in one hour. The winning team could barely top a quarter million spent. We had 25 people, which was awesome, and most stayed for the movie. The whole night was a lot of fun. Now it's time to get back to the Sweet Spot. Summer's coming fast and we've got lots of things we've talked about but I don't think much is settled for sure. Mike can comment on this post to give us some direction for this coming Sunday and any other thoughts he'd like to share. If you're reading this, take a minute and comment so we know how many are looking at the blog. Even just a quick "hey" in the comments would work. Thanks, again, to everyone for a great time last night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings creative shoppers... ha!

We're back at the Sweet Spot @ 6pm this Sunday and I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!

After spending sometime with many of you and hearing your hearts... I would like to talk about Philippians 2:1-5 this Sunday night. We'll discuss what it means to have the attitude of Christ as well as developing a deeper purpose for our student ministry... please read & pray over this Scripture and come ready to share what God has put on your heart!

I'm really looking forward to hearing what God speaks to you after a busy and fun two weeks!

Grace & Peace,

Mike,
Recovering Punching Bag...
=)

Jenn said...

Hi! Mike, I'm glad your beginning to recover. lol. Who knew a youth pastor had a duel purpose as a punching bag?

Anyways, I'm really excited about Sunday, and I know that things are going to be awesome! I have decided that, even though I don't have any pictures of us yet, I'm going to go ahead and print out the flyers I have made up and put them in some public venues around town. It could be really cool!

Alright, well, I should go do...something with my life. lol. Thanks for last Sunday, it was way fun! And Tim...I have your book. I will bring it.

Jenn said...

p.s.- this is what the flyer will say (but It looks cooler in the actual document. lol)

A New Youth Experience!

High school teens…
Come check us out Sunday evenings at 6 o’clock for a time of fun and Spiritual growth!

Our new student ministry meets at The Sweet Spot just off of 4th street and Cleveland as a way to get together with teens and have fun, enjoy free ice cream and build and strengthen a relationship with Jesus. Come check us out! Everyone is welcome, and feel free to bring your friends.

This Week’s Agenda:
We will be discussing Philippians 2:1-4

Questions?
Come check us out at http://sweetspotloveland.blogspot.com/

Mindy and Coda said...

Hey everyone,
Sorry we missed sunday:( we had to work! I heard it was great!!:) Well just wanted to check in and say HI. We will see you guys next sunday!

Mike, You are my fffffavorite punching bag!!!:) j/k sometimes!! LOL

God Bless